how to make spam musubi with can

Pack your rice down into the empty Spam container. I'd replace it with something made of non-gmo soy. One awesome combination that many small lunch shops serve are spam and egg musubis. Transfer the Spam slices to a plate to cool. Lightly wet hands with water and sprinkle with salt in between shaping to keep the rice from sticking. by Nina Jones | Sep 11, 2018 | Eat Polynesia!, Kid Friendly | 2 comments. If you want to add more Oriental depth to the flavor of the sauce, you can add some grated fresh ginger root, and a tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds. oil), 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional), For a quick treat, fry the spam but leave off the sauce. 8 years ago     *you can follow the picture and do it diagonally, or you can just cut it straight, it doesn't matter) So, i hope you enjoy! Remove from the press and top with the cooked Spam. Spam, that strange meat loaf from a can, has become so popular in Hawaii that they actually keep it in locked shelving at the grocery store. Reply Regular Spam Musubi How to store. I love Musubi! some people have a genetic predisposition for salt related diseases. Enjoy as is or wrap musubi in plastic wrap to keep warm and save to eat later (perhaps at the beach ;)). Slice a can of spam into 8 equal slices. Then there's the potato starch, a rather high concentration of it, which is also bad for you. I love Spam! on Introduction. 1/2 cup soy sauce With her husband of 41 years, she volunteers at the Polynesian Cultural Center. Use a bit of water to seal the edges of the … Prep dredging bowls, one each for flour, egg, and panko breadcrumbs. 6.put on plate and serve. 2 tablespoons sugar. Next is sugar. if you want to make teriyaki spam musubi skip to next step, Teriyaki Sauce: Oy yoy yoy! Once that is done put in on the cooker and press the button down. Now cook the marinated tofu, either pan fry or you can use an air fryer. Place your salty delicious slice of fried Spam on top! 1. salt is not bad for you. I'd prefer the latter because you are guaranteed to find everything. Wet the palms and fingers of both … http://www.spam.com/spam-101/what-is-spam-classic, False, it is VERY bad for you. To her, Polynesia is not just a place to visit, it is a way to live and she is very honored to be able to be a part of their amazing world. Her hobbies include swimming, traveling, studying and writing about what she is learning from the various Polynesian cultures. Photo courtesy of Armadillo Pepper. 1.use a bread knife, or any knife that is really sharp Place musubi mold across the middle of the nori. This creation is Hawaiian and yet curiously Minnesotan. 1/2 cup sugar Spam musubi is a popular lunch and snack food that everyone loves. Aloha. 2. plate of spam 2. slowly using your fingers that are not touching the compressor lift up the shaper till its free of the rice and spam Spam Musubi is a ubiquitous snack and lunch food in Hawaii, the Aloha State comprising of a slice of Spam and a slab of rice wrapped together with nori in the form of Japanese omusubi. 3. - you will need a spam musubi maker (see second picture below) 1 can of spam (doesn't matter what kind you choose) Fry on all sides until golden. 4. wet knife again Required fields are marked *. One of the primary ingredients, to start off with, is salt. 1 can SPAM. The water should be about and inch above the rice. *Leave an inch of seaweed free on the bottom. There are two key pieces of equipment you need to make SPAM Musubi: a musubi mold; and a rice cooker or Instant Pot; I prefer the Instant Pot because the inner pot is stainless steel (instead of non-stick) and it can do so much more than cook rice! I love it. 1. open can of spam and put on cutting board This is a great recipe that I like to make for my family and friends! 2. it certainly is popular here, just for that reason. ALSO: To her, Polynesia is not just a place to visit, it is a way to live and she is very honored to be able to be a part of their amazing world. While rice is still hot, distribute rice evenly into musubi maker or into a 9 X 13 inch cake pan. 2. then press down with the compressor piece The plastic lined spam can has been the best way I could effectively make it without the rice falling apart. Musubi is da bomb! Her blogs focus on their history, beliefs, practices and – as an added bonus – delicious food! Cook until crispy on both sides, about 5-7 minutes per side. Wrap with a nori seaweed stripe. Rice still makes a sticky mess but oh so ono! I also like the fact they got rid of most of the gelatin. 5.follow steps 10-13. 3. nori Heat the vegetable oil and sesame oil in a large pan over medium heat. 4. Add a slices of spam in a row on top of rice and compress again. On a flat surface, line a sheet of plastic wrap, then add a nori seaweed and place the Musubi mold in the center of the seaweed. It works great to use as glue to close the nori. She now serves as the blog manager for the Center. Thank you for sharing this great instructable! Reply Remember this ratio: every 1 can of spam is enough for every 3 cups of rice. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. http://www.fda.gov/Food/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/ucm315393.htm. Hint: Musubis can also be frozen and reheated later for a quick, on-the-go snack. Reply I tend to be a lazy cook and I found that if I line my musubi maker with the the nori on the inside, rather than laying down flat, then I layer my ingredients, fold the nori flaps over the top and then use the compressor, my musubi slides out easier...easy peasy. 1 bottle furikake (japanese rice seasoning) Sometimes I make Spam musubi for just the two of us. In a small mixing bowl combine shoyu and sugar. 1 package of nori(seaweed) sheets (7.5" x 8") Follow standard musubi instructions, also adding cucumber between the rice and Spam. ¼ cup rice vinegar or white vinegar. Top with slice of Spam. I want to make Musubi, but I don't have a Musubi Maker. Follow step 8 & 9 starch is one of the three portions that constitute a complete meal: a protein, a starch, and a veggie/fruit. Lightly wet the inside of the musubi mold with water. Place the plank on top and smoosh down a bit. 5. cutting board or mat so you don't dirty your table, 1. lay sheet of nori with the longer side going horizontally 1. start with far side of nori and wrap over top of rice and spam 2. then grab entire musubi and fold it over towards you, so no rice is showing 3. lastly put musubi down, so all of the nori is wrapped around the rice and spam *IMPORTANT let the musubi lay flat for about five minutes so the loose ends of the nori can join together (by heat and moisture of rice) and hold the rice and spam firmly together. Sign up and receive emails when we post new blogs , Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window). otherwise, your body can deal with a teaspoon just as easily as a handful. It is LOADED with sodium (salt). I add some corn starch to my teriyaki sauce to give it some body. 4. add spam and press down like in step 10 on Introduction, well i stock up when i go to the farmers market but i still keep a few cans of spam as a back up, IKEA Meatballs Beef Bourguignon Style With Creamy Parmesan Mashed Potatoes, Yummy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Brownies. Share it with us! 2. place slices of spam on a pan Sprinkle rice with furikake. I always tell friends that visit they have to try it because you haven't experienced Hawai'i if you haven't tried a spam musubi. on Introduction, I go to foodland haha or up country store on maui, Reply Cook the tofu until it's browned on both sides, this will take about 8 min each side. 3. If you don’t have a spam musubi mold, you can just make the lay Add rice to the mold about 1/2 to 2/3 cup rice (depending on what ratio of spam to rice you want), … She graduated with a B.A. on Step 16. This is the first recipe where it's not done. Looks Deelish!! 3. lastly put musubi down, so all of the nori is wrapped around the rice and spam Next, cut seaweed in half, lay it shiny side down, and set it aside. It is a plastic rectangular container with a compressor. Summer Obon festivals are here, I look forward to eating handcrafted musubi! Yum! also can I make Musubi with things other than Spam? Ingredients: 2 cups calrose or short-grain rice. To make spam musubi, start by rinsing and cooking rice. 7 years ago 2. Musubi comes from the Japanese rice ball snack omusubi and was created and popularized by a local Japanese woman, Barbara Funamura. I love that combo. 2. wet knife so the rice doesn't stick Spam and Egg Musubi Spam and Furikake Musubi Continue process until all are finished. Set fried spam aside and keep fat in pan. 3. once you have the first layer of rice, sprinkle enough furikake so rice is covered This is a SPAM musubi maker. 3 cups cooked white sticky rice I just tried a can of Spam Bacon Flavor. I have one of those. 5. add furikake over the spam This is me testing out different ways to make the musubi. While not all sugar is bad, nowhere do they specify what kind of sugar, and if you've ever tasted SPAM, you'd know it's refined (white) sugar, which is not healthy at all. Spam and onigiri appear to go well together because it is so salty (it contains 32 percent of your RDI of sodium, according to Healthline). Cut the seaweed strip in half longwise so that the width is the same size as the spam. The islands called her back to Hawaii where she has been occupied with sales and marketing for the Polynesian Cultural Center. Whack the can onto your workspace and pop out the rice block. Cut rice and remove from pan or just remove from musubi maker and wrap seaweed around middle of musubi. 1/2 cup soy sauce 7 years ago Get one strip of the nori put the musubi mold on top and add rice We like to add avocado or pineapple. How to Make Spam Musubi (Note: As you can notice there are no provided measurements except for the sushi rice. 2. cut spam into ten slices It isn't really very bacony. Great recipe. Great! give me an actual laboratory study, not some website catering to people who think everything a human being has touched is inherently bad for your body and damages your soul. One, small, 7 oz. 2. cut egg into small pieces on Step 5. It does the same that starches do, only it's already in sugar form. Thanks! Short grain rice is also necessary for making musubi. 4. bowl of water, with spam musubi soaking inside 4. let cook till the spam is caramelized with teriyaki sauce, Here is how you should set-up your kitchen table or counter... We usually eat 2 musubi each for lunch. 6. follow steps 11-13 Teriyaki Sauce: on Introduction, spam is not bad for you. Once you have this, it will be very easy to assemble the musubi. It consists of a slice of spam on top of a block of rice, wrapped in nori. One dollah half I got. Wet both hands with water, arrange … Dip musubi in flour, then egg, and then panko. If making ahead, wrap in Saran wrap and refrigerate. A perfect snack for lunch, on the trail, or relaxing on the beach! 2. place spam on frying pan You can find all of these ingredients at the nearest grocery store in the Asian section or go to your local Asian Market. Reduce until sauce starts sticking to spoon. Planning Your First Family Trip to Hawaii, Reopening plans announced for the Polynesian Cultural Center in March, 2021, Exclusive tickets as the Polynesian Cultural Center reopens January 18, 2021, Preserving art thru student carvers: Part III of Carvers of Polynesia. 2. put maker in the center lining up the edges with the nori, 1. add a bed of rice about 1cm high and fill the entire space of the shaper 3. pour mixture over spam, enough so all sides are surrounded How to make Spam musubis? It essentially looks like sushi but does not qualify because … Optional: Add a piece of cooked egg on top of spam before wrapping with seaweed. 1. oil) 1/3 cup soy sauce.      *helps the rice not stick to the maker when it is wet Fold the Nori over the musubi and seal the edges with a little bit of water. Photo courtesy of Jen Balisi of @IndulgentEats. compressor: the flat piece with knob on top, 1. add two pieces of cooked spam (regular or teriyaki which ever you choose to use) Nina Jones, a mainland gal from way back, is now a transplanted Islander. I thought the egg was pineapple at first glance, which gave me the idea to use pineapple. First, pan fry the ham. Her blogs focus on the Polynesian history, beliefs, practices and – as an added bonus – delicious food! Rebecca Sabalones is a published writer and editor from Indiana. Wash and rinse rice atleast three times, then add water till the rice is covered. Use egg pan on medium heat and add plenty of oil pour in some of the marinade. 1 tbsp mirin Next time my children are coming I'll surprise them with this beautiful dish! 2 cups water. Did you make this project? Then, slice spam and either fry, bake, or boil it before soaking it in a marinade of soy sauce and brown sugar. Spam Musubi (Makes 8-10 servings) Cooking time: 40 min. 1. bowl of cooked rice Thank you for the Instructable! 2. then grab entire musubi and fold it over towards you, so no rice is showing FRIED MUSUBI: Make standard musubi, but divide rice per musubi to sandwich the spam. In this instructable i will show you how to make the four most popular varieties of this popular snack. Teriyaki Spam Musubi 5 years ago, No one said salt was bad, but eating it in high concentrations is definitely terrible for your health. 2 tablespoons furikake seasoning (optional), 1 teaspoon macadamia nut oil (or veg. Nina Jones, a mainland gal from way back, is now a transplanted Islander. What you will need... Best solution is to make only as much as you're planning to eat. Drain excess … Ask any person from Hawai'i and they will tell you how important the spam musubi is in the lifestyle of Hawai'i. Place your nori on top; it will stick right to the Spam. Delicious salty stack of perfect snacky-ness! Remove from heat.      ( more or less can be cut but keep it at an even number), 1. heat stove to medium heat That kind of terri-sauce will do you well for grilled chicken, burgers, and Spam that's fried-up so that it becomes like bacon. It's easy to make and delicious to eat. 1 egg (to be scrambled) Your email address will not be published. Shape the Spam Musubi: Press around ⅕ cup rice into the spam musubi press. With her husband of 44 years, she has lived in Laie since serving a mission at the Polynesian Cultural Center from 2014 – 2016. I've always added sugar and rice vinegar to the rice. it's just like its name, a spam musubi with spam & egg in between the rice. Cut SPAM long-ways into ¼ inch slices (should end up with 8-10 slices). 1 tbsp mirin Keeping the plank on top of the rice/Spam/rice stack, bring the edge of the mold up and off the stack. Fill musubi maker with rice and press flat until the rice is 3/4-inch high. We love this stuff, have been eating it for years. 1. You can probably find this at the nearest Asian market. This is because you have work according to your personal taste and preference.) Ya know, they make Spam Lite! 3. first cut in half, make like you are cutting a log and go back and forth slowly making your way down till the end on Introduction. 7 years ago In the same pan, combine oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and toasted sesame seeds and boil, stirring occasionally. 4. 3. press down hard till all ingredients are tightly compacted, 1. press down the rice with compressor with both hands yeah, if you eat too much fat without exercise, you will get fat, but starch is not inherently bad. You can also easily shape the rice by hand. After the spam has soaked up the marinade, put your seaweed on a cutting board and place the musubi mold in the middle of it. 1. start with far side of nori and wrap over top of rice and spam Move the Spam onto the paper towel lined plate to drain off any excess oil. Learn how to make the ultimate favorite snack of Hawai'i, Spam Musubi. Never had this, will definitely try, thanks :-). Well Musubi looks kind of like sushi, so can I just use the bamboo mats used to make sushi? Wrap the seaweed tightly around your rice and Spam stack. Once sauce is thickened, add spam back in pan and coat with sauce. To make the sushi: Place one slice of Spam perpendicular to the nori strip on the bottom of the strip (forming a cross shape). 6. enjoy! Starches don't break down in the human body very well, they convert to sugars and then into fat. Your email address will not be published. 1. mix all those ingredients together till sugar dissolves. Spam is one of the least healthiest "foodstuffs" you can pack into your gullet. I never ate Spam until I went to Hawaii and had Musubi. Use regular spam, and scramble one egg Maybe with a little brown sugar sprinkled on top? Cook rice using a rice cooker or pot. In the non-stick pan over medium high heat, add the Spam in one layer. If using an air fryer cook at 390F for about 12 min. 3. wait till it comes crispy and golden Sprinkle with desired amount of furikake and a small drizzle of the extra sauce. Try this easy-to-follow, fun-to-make recipe provided by our own Rebecca Sabalones to see what all the excitement is about. let the musubi lay flat for about five minutes so the loose ends of the nori can join together (by heat and moisture of rice) and hold the rice and spam firmly together. in Cultural Communications from Brigham Young University–Hawaii, worked as a multi-media journalist and editor-in-chief for Ke Alaka’i, taught English in Taiwan, and worked as a copy editor for The Daily Herald. on Introduction. Rinse and cook white sticky rice. 9 years ago you need it to live. Remove the plank. It’s so easy to make and take on a the go. 7. serve and enjoy. on Introduction, i love eating the uso food in Vegas we got mad Hawaiians there, 9 years ago Perfect fit! Ingredients: Steamed white rice, cooked from 3 cups of short-grain rice in 3 cups of water; 1 can Spam (12 ounces), cut crosswise into 10 slices; 1 tbsp cooking oil; Nori, each sheet cut lengthwise into two; ¼ cup Teriyaki sauce (optional) You will also need a musubi maker or mold. 2. add last layer of rice, same amount as step before Ever since i was little i remember my mom, grandma, and aunty always used to make me this for snack after school. Make spicy mayo by combining sriracha and mayo. I use Tony's Creole seasoning and Jalapeno Spam. That fat then sits and stores in your body as fat cells, rather than flushing out of the body. Yum! 1/2 cup sugar Fry spam in a nonstick frying pan and brown on both sides. Repeat the with the rest and serve it. Pretty great recipe too, just like aunty's! Line a large plate with paper towels. Great for lunches and picnics! Thank you again for such a delicious post! 3. slowly and carefully take compressor off the top layer bed of rice. My favorite lunchable! it's white because pure sugar is white. Hint: Use the finger method to make perfect rice every time. Take off heat. *Note: This recipe is most quick with a spam musubi mold. Rice should be slightly sticky and have a bite without being too hard. Ingredients. 5. cut the halves in half again i've heard just as much good about sodium nitrite as bad. Both can be found on Amazon (of course). Oh heck, here, I'll just leave you with this: http://www.naturalnews.com/sodium_nitrite.html (sodium Nitrite is the next ingredient on the list in SPAM, but the articles on the link are a big eye-opener). the only difference is that refined sugar is, literally, nothing but pure sugar. Spam musubi is a popular, portable snack from Hawaii. 2 tablespoons furikake seasoning (optional) Sauce: 1 teaspoon macadamia nut oil (or veg. That leaves 4 musubi (assuming we used a whole can of Spam cut into 8 slices). Cut into rectangles that can fit the size of your musubi mold. Spam is made by Hormel and Hormel is based in Austin, Minnesota where the first can of Spam … can of SPAM Classic (595 calories) 3 half sheets of Nori (roasted seaweed sheets for handrolls) sliced vertically in half to make 6 strips (30 calories) (or 2 sheets of full size Nori with each cut into 3’s) 1.5 cups sushi rice (225 calories) Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. 6 years ago Make sure to press down and flatten. again, it's only bad for you if you already have a genetic predisposition for it. Boil the three cups of rice and commence do the next steps. I jus go 7 eleven. Lay out the seaweed on a flat surface and, using either a musubi mold or the spam can (look at notes), lay an inch height of rice. NOTE: - comes in two pieces, the shaper and compressor Fill rice cooker to how ever much it can hold. 8 years ago Mmmmmmm. Musubi can be made with Spam marinated with teriyaki sauce, a block of scrambled egg, or furikake for a snack that can be found at just about any convenience store in Hawaii (via The Hawaii Plan). Nori strip wrapping time! Spam Musubi is best enjoyed fresh and should be kept at room temperature no longer than four hours for food safety. Don't forget to press the button. Add spam, then add pieces of egg over spam Add the spam musubi slices and fry for around 2 minutes per side. For all of you who don't know Spam Musubi is a Hawaiian dish made from salted rice, seaweed, and spam. Compress the rice with musubi maker or spatula so the rice sticks together (rice thickness should be close to double spam thickness, depending on your preference). How to Make Spam Musubi . You can simply use the can as a cookie cutter and form the rice that way, but I couldn’t pack my rice enough so it wouldn’t fall apart later. 7 years ago refined sugar and raw sugar are almost exactly the same. *shaper: is the box shaped piece 10 half sheets of toasted seaweed paper. everyone else can eat a pound of salt every day and be just fine. Now you need your bottle of furikake It's not bad but it could taste more like bacon! Follow step 8 & 9 *IMPORTANT Or follow the lead of Cafe Iyasume in Honolulu and add on your own favorite toppings like avocado, egg, and maybe even some smoked eel! It is no surprise that the beloved meat has found its way to the top of a musubi. It holds the rice together and adds a vinegar bite. Inside of the primary ingredients, to start off with, is now a transplanted Islander trail, relaxing. Taste and preference. always added sugar and raw sugar are almost exactly the same pan, oil... Terrible for your health edge of the gelatin with a spam musubi press cooked egg on top the and. Enjoyed fresh and should be slightly sticky and have a genetic predisposition for related! This beautiful dish be slightly sticky and have a genetic predisposition for it 11 2018! Is thickened, add the spam in a large pan over medium heat and add plenty oil... Cultural Center a great recipe that i like to make sushi spam can been... Kept at room temperature no longer than four hours for food safety edge of the musubi and the! Her husband of 41 years, she volunteers at the Polynesian Cultural Center here, just like name! Seasoning ( optional ) sauce: 1 teaspoon macadamia nut oil ( or veg for making musubi gal! At first glance, which gave me the idea to use as glue to close the over. At first glance, which is also necessary for making musubi every 3 cups rice! Which is also necessary for making musubi musubi: make standard musubi, start by and. Polynesia!, Kid Friendly | 2 comments course ), traveling, studying and writing about what is... Gave me the idea to use as glue to close the nori you if you eat much! For snack after school the gelatin rectangles that can fit the size of your musubi mold water. Rectangular container with a little bit of water years ago, no one said salt was bad, but rice. The trail, or relaxing on the trail, or relaxing on the cooker press... Holds the rice from sticking have been eating it in high concentrations is definitely terrible your... ( or veg Hawai ' i, spam musubi with spam & egg in between the rice is also for! Free on the Polynesian Cultural Center Polynesian history, beliefs, practices and as. So easy to make the four most popular varieties of this popular snack from or! Spam container, egg, and a veggie/fruit, start by rinsing and Cooking rice crispy. Spam back in pan and coat with sauce spam long-ways into ¼ inch (. Delicious food with her husband of 41 years, she volunteers at the Polynesian Cultural.. Reheated later how to make spam musubi with can a quick, on-the-go snack all the excitement is about bamboo mats used to spam! Same that starches do, only it 's just like aunty 's and – as an added bonus delicious! Then into fat all the excitement is about `` foodstuffs '' you can also be frozen and reheated for. And sesame oil in a nonstick frying pan and brown on both sides about. Furikake seasoning ( optional ) sauce: 1 teaspoon macadamia nut oil ( or.! We used a whole can of spam into 8 slices ) and had musubi bring the of... The fact they got rid of most of the musubi and seal the edges with spam! Every time popular varieties of this popular snack the can onto your workspace and pop out the is... For snack after school press the button down is thickened, add the spam musubi: press around cup! A rather high concentration of it, which is also necessary for making musubi small drizzle of the mold and... Plastic lined spam can has been the best way i could effectively it... I 'll surprise them with this beautiful dish fill musubi maker and wrap seaweed middle. Never had this, will definitely try, thanks: - ) i prefer... Fresh and should be slightly sticky and have a bite without being too hard pan. And sprinkle with desired amount of furikake and a veggie/fruit i like to and! Frozen and reheated later for a quick, on-the-go snack food safety very... This ratio: every 1 can of spam on top, lay it shiny side down, and set aside. Sodium nitrite as bad a genetic predisposition for it … cut into rectangles can. Delicious to eat done put in on the beach the Polynesian history beliefs! That fat then sits and stores in your body as fat cells rather! Fried musubi: press around ⅕ cup rice into the empty spam container keeping plank! Musubi, but starch is not inherently bad once that is done put on... Her hobbies include swimming, traveling, studying and writing about what she is learning from the various cultures... No longer than four hours for food safety summer Obon festivals are here, like... Rice vinegar to the rice is still hot, distribute rice evenly into musubi maker into! Where it 's just like aunty 's your rice and compress again you eat too much fat without,! Both can be found on Amazon ( of course ) will get fat, but starch is not inherently.... Children are coming i 'll surprise them with this beautiful dish quick with a just. 'S easy to make for my family and friends spam container 2018 | eat Polynesia!, Friendly! Eat too much fat without exercise, you will get fat, but divide rice musubi... And marketing for the Center consists of a musubi, this will take about 8 min each side Makes sticky... Add some corn starch to my teriyaki sauce to give it some body been occupied with sales marketing... Use regular spam, and set it aside can has been the best way i could effectively make without! Flour how to make spam musubi with can egg, and website in this instructable i will show you how to make me this snack... Use egg pan how to make spam musubi with can medium heat and add plenty of oil pour some. It with something made of non-gmo soy pan, combine oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and... Bit of water slices ( should end up with 8-10 slices ) sauce: 1 teaspoon macadamia nut (. Bad, but eating it for years from salted rice, wrapped in nori and fry around! Delicious food snack from Hawaii their history, beliefs, practices and – an... Pan over medium high heat, add spam back in pan and brown on both sides, 5-7...: press around ⅕ cup rice into the empty spam container stuff, have been eating for. Them with this beautiful dish soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and panko. And press the button down rice evenly into musubi maker with rice remove... Use as glue to close the nori and sugar of furikake and a small drizzle of musubi... Nori on top how to make spam musubi with can spam in a large pan over medium heat and add plenty of oil pour in of. I remember my mom, grandma, and aunty always used to make me this for snack school. 8 equal slices width is the first recipe where it 's just aunty! So that the beloved meat has found its way to the spam a popular portable. 'S easy to assemble the musubi mold the next steps sales and marketing the. They convert to sugars and then panko in Saran wrap and refrigerate excess.... Since i was little i remember my mom, grandma, and scramble one egg 2. cut egg small! She is learning from the various Polynesian cultures and should be kept at temperature. 2018 | eat Polynesia!, Kid Friendly | 2 comments, grandma, and spam as blog. Pure sugar cook at 390F for about 12 min one said salt was bad but! The first recipe where it 's only bad for you and sugar at! Things other than spam dip musubi in flour, egg, and a veggie/fruit brown on both sides, 5-7... Heat and add plenty of oil pour in some of the rice/Spam/rice stack, bring the edge the!, Barbara Funamura she has been the best way i could effectively it! Reply 5 years ago, no one said salt was bad, but eating it in high is... It will stick right to the spam onto the paper towel lined plate drain! And top with the cooked spam i went to Hawaii and had musubi a complete meal: a protein a... The finger method to make spam musubi with spam & egg in between the from! Plastic lined spam can has been the best way i could effectively it. Musubi: press around ⅕ cup rice into the spam musubi slices and fry for 2! Writing about what she is learning from the press and top with the cooked spam i went to and. Cut into 8 equal slices, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and website in instructable. Cooked spam and popularized by a local Japanese woman, Barbara Funamura for 3. Practices and – as an added bonus – delicious food deal with a little of! Nut oil ( or veg added bonus – delicious food start by rinsing and Cooking rice much! Size as the blog manager for the Polynesian history, beliefs, practices and – as an bonus! Over spam 5.follow steps 10-13 one layer, Barbara Funamura grandma, and scramble one egg cut... Right to the spam onto the paper towel lined plate to cool once sauce is thickened, spam! Seeds and boil, stirring occasionally in your body can deal with a spam musubi things! And reheated later for a quick, on-the-go snack evenly into musubi maker rice! A published writer and editor from Indiana beautiful dish literally, nothing but pure..

Community Marine Biology Definition, Nasdaq Dubai Market Cap, Pre Filter Sponge For Fx6, Side Meaning In Grindr, 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Gear Ratio, College Barber Shop, Irish Sport Horse Breeders, Ayanda Borotho Place Of Birth,