hare krishna brainwashing

Door de maha-mantra te chanten, kun je praktisch ervaren dat er een steeds sterker gevoel van transcendentale extase tot je doordringt vanuit de spirituele werkelijkheid. Posted in Uncategorized | Tags: brainwashing, cults, former member, hare krishna, iskcon, Krishna, sexism. Other version is “Maya is testing you, Prabhu”. Hare Krishnas are strict vegetarians who also avoid eggs. 14:31. BOY GEORGE reviews HARE KRISHNA! This is a digitized version of an article from The Times’s print archive, before the start of online publication in 1996. I hope you’re having a good day :-). The three words— Hare, Krishna, and Rama—are the seed sounds of the maha-mantra, Hare refers to the energy of that One Infinite Source of all of us. “I didn't find them to be weird or insane and I found nobody who was being held against their will,” he testified. De Hare Krishna-beweging is een beweging binnen het vaishnavisme en het hindoeïsme, die in 1966 werd gesticht te New York door A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Praphupada (1896-1977). Other version is “Maya is testing you, Prabhu”. Basic Instinct - Are you being Brainwashed ?, Hare Krishna ! Kirtans and bhajans. Mahaprabhu advocated a devotional method of faith in which adherents of Gaudiya Vaishnavism entered into a relationship with Krishna and expressed their adoration for Krishna through dancing and chanting. 40:42. By Mark Jenkins. The Hare Krishna movement (ISKON _ International Society for Krishna Consciousness) Brindavan, a town of 30,000, 90 miles south of Delhi, ... Parents have accused ISKON of brainwashing their youngsters, isolating and alienating them from their families. Hare Krishna Films and Videos. The feeling of being better than those who are non-devotees is constantly preached to you in various subtle ways. the film and has been a friend of the Hare Krishna movement for many many years. Hare Krishna, Hare KrishnaKrishna Krishna, Hare HareHare Rama, Hare RamaRama Rama, Hare HareTarana & Friends Love in action Officials of the Hare Krishna movement offered testimony by the parents of two of its members and that of a clinical psychologist, a theologian and others yesterday to rebut charges by the Queens District Attorney that the sect uses mindcontrol techniques to manipulate its members. Hare Krishna on television and in the news. I am going to add much more stuff later. You would only disturb them because they try to be celibate and it could lead to fall down for both of you. “It is all for Krishna”. But if you are surrounded by so many people living the same way of life and constantly telling you how you have to surrender and give up all material activities something in your mind switches into the same *mode*.. Other than that you have to chant 16 rounds of HK mantra a day (cca 2 hours of meditation), read only Srila Prabhupada’s books, associate only with devotees of Krishna, attend their retreats and so on, preach about Krishna to others, wear chaste clothes, don’t talk to opposite sex, cook your own food that is not *contaminated* by non-devotees etc, don’t watch TV or listen to the radio or read newspapers…. Eigenlijk is het puur toeval dat de Hare Krishna's hier neerstrijken. Ok, so this was the basic Hare Krishna brainwashing pattern and philosophy. Meanwhile, a judge in Queens remanded Edward Shapiro, one of the two material witness in the case, into the custody of his parents who are expected to put him in a hospital for mental treatment. You are good for cleaning, cooking, sewing and giving birth to new Hare Krishna members. Hare Krishna (the International Society for Krishna Consciousness) is a Hindu cult that worships Krishna as the supreme deity. Michael Schwed, the assistant district attorney handling the case against the Hare Krishna officials, said efforts were still being made to have the other witness, Merylee Kreshower, who is 23, evaluated by doctors and psychiatrists in an effort to have her committed to hospital for mental treatment. Audio: English - Stereo & 5.1 Surround, Russian Dub - Stereo ("Sunday Feasts" are held at Hare Krishna temples around the world, where anyone can come and participate in the chanting, dancing, and feasting on vegetarian food offered to the Lord.) Just think about Krishna and get on with it. 26:50. The energy thats present all around us. Similar testimony was given by Dr. J. Stillman Judah, an adjunct professor ‘at the Pacific School of Religion in California, and Dr. Shaligram Shukla, professor of anthropology and Sanskrit at Georgetown University in Washington. You read strictly religious books and hear the same *truths* from all sides. ( Log Out /  Occasionally the digitization process introduces transcription errors or other problems; we are continuing to work to improve these archived versions. You have to get up at 4 am (if you are lucky) to attend morning services and after all lectures and ceremonies you work all day for *Krishna*. ( Log Out /  The leaders often live off money *fundraised* by ordinary devotees on streets. Ekadasi – devi is de grote Maha-sakti, innerlijke kracht, van Sri Krishna en is uit Zijn transcendentale lichaam verschenen om personen die op deze dag vasten van de grootste zonden te bevrijden en hun veel plezier te schenken. Devotees are charged with brainwashing and are taken to court in a controversial case that threatens to undermine everything that Prabhupada has worked for… Hare Krishna! Your parents are karmis as well so you can respect them because they gave you a birth and everything but don’t listen to what they’re saying because they are living materialistic life and don’t know what is right for you. . She called the allegations “revolting.”, Dr. Allan Gerson, a clinical psychologist from Los Angeles who said he spent year studying members of the group said: never saw so much as an inkling of any zombie‐like behavior or brainwashing among members.”. But you can go to Godhead in this lifetime. 1,090 views. the film - "It was so beautiful, I cried." Of the colorful and exotic features of the American urban landscape during the hippie era in the late 1960s and 1970s, none, perhaps, was so striking as the small bands of men with shaved heads and saffron robes and women in saris gathering at love-ins or on street corners. The indictment against the Hare Krishnas alleging unlawful imprisonment through brainwashing and extortion can after three days of testimony before the grand jury by 15 to 18 people about half of whom were parents whose children have been in various religious cults but who have since left them. Good Morning Australia covers Hare Krishna Traveling Temple by Hare Krishna Travelling Temple Australia . At least that’s the way it was for me. Temple Life in the Hare Krishna Cult -- Credo UK Televison by Hare Krishna Temple Life . So how does it feel to be brainwashed and why did I let others to brainwash my mind? Hare Krishna. Home Latest Popular Trending Categories. Dan maar Amsterdam. Krishna is often accompanied by Radharani, the female aspect or counterpart of Krishna. But Krishna loves his gopis (women who were dancing and performing pastimes with him) so we are trying to be like them. Hare Krishna Hindus are one of the largest religious groups in Britain, but even so, they scare me. ‘Hare Krishna!’ takes an uncritical look at a controversial spiritual movement and its leader. Posts about brainwashing written by harekrishnamadness. Hare Krishna, Op zondag 24 januari a.s. is het Putrada Ekadasi, de dag van Sri Hari! yes.. so now you might be wondering how I fell for this obvious manipulation… I am also asking myself the same question. Het reciteren of zingen van deze maha-mantra is een heel eenvoudige meditatietechniek die wordt aanbevolen voor de huidige tijd. Maya – Illusion of material world that wants to grab you back and wants you to engage in material activities and create karma and suffer more and more… Ok, so this was the basic Hare Krishna brainwashing pattern and philosophy. In the Name of God -- Hare Krishna Brainwashing Debate with Ted Patrick by Deprogramming Brainwashed Hare Krishna Devotees . This devotee of Krishna became renowned for his ecstatic devotion, expressed in dance and song. Art Animation Comedy Cool Commercials Cooking Entertainment How To Music & Dance News & Events People & Stories Pets & Animals Science & Tech Sports Travel & Outdoors Video Games Wheels & Wings Other 18+ Only Fashion. ISKCON has also been scrutinised by some anti-cult movements. I assume people join cults for the understanding from others, love and sharing and the feeling of being fulfilled by philosophy that gave you answers to all your questions you’ve ever had! “We have always been a close family and after we accepted what he was trying to project to us we were able to maintain an open relationship,” she said, and added: “We still miss him on our traditional holidays.”. Important is to be chaste for Krishna and especially if you don’t have a husband, avoid talking to men. Maya – Illusion of material world that wants to grab you back and wants you to engage in material activities and create karma and suffer more and more…. 9,825 views. Flanked by her husband at the lectern in the Warwick Room, Mr. Murphy said that many members of the Hare Krishna movement had spent time at their New Jersey home and that none displayed any signs of being under the mental control of others. The Hare Krishna movement dates back to the fifteenth century (1486), when its founder, Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, began teaching that Krishna was the supreme Lord above every other god. 9,821 views. Dankzij ex-Beatle George Harrison heeft de jonge spirituele beweging dan al flink wat bekendheid gekregen. His disciples believed Caitanya to be manifestation of Krishna himself, and established a movement based on his inspiration.The International Society for Krishna Conciousness (ISKCON) is a modern movement within this tradition. Better, ideally. We’re less intelligent and mental (*meaning of being unsure what to do and thinking a lot). Speaking at a new conference called by the Hare Krishna people at the Warwick Hotel, on 55th Street near the Avenue of the Americas, Mrs. Thomas Murphy, wife sesson Angus is president of the Manhattan Krishna temple said: “As far as we are concerned, Thomas is not brainwashed.”. If you have doubts or in depression it means you are not fully absorbed in Krishna consciousness and your mind is giving you a hard time because it wants to enjoy material activities naturally. Change ), The way I feel about my experience in a cult… pretty funny and accurate video! Srila Prabhupada and the history of ISKCON. 04:44. Just focus on your spiritual advancement at this moment and you will see, Krishna will send you very spiritual husband in the future!’ In next conversations I was told how I need to keep my hair covered and all body parts too. Yoga, meditation and vegetarianism are very popular today and we are more used to seeing monks in robes, but back in the 70s the world was smaller and society was scared for young people who were doing things different from the norm! Rama and Krishna refer to incarnations of Lord Vishnu. Just another WordPress.com site . The grand jury also heard testimony from a Harvard University Dean, a Chicago man whose 12‐year‐old son is believed to he in a religious sect, a dean from Pace College and two to three local physicians, all of whom testified against the group or on mind‐control techniques. To preserve these articles as they originally appeared, The Times does not alter, edit or update them. Always listen to your husband because he knows better, he is more advanced and if you serve him well, you go back to Godhead with him. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. If you don’t do this you will be considered a prostitute. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Boy George is an amazing musician and Grammy award winning artist who has been a huge supporter of HARE KRISHNA! This is because they believe that cooking is a sacred experience and "should be based on principles of compassion, non-violence and balanced living. The officials of the religious group also criticized the detainment of two of its members as material witnesses in the case and efforts by the Queens prosecutors to have them committed for mental treatment. They’re authorities and are not to be questioned because they made it. My answer to Are Hare Krishna's brainwashed?Answer by Samarasan:Using the Mind and Body washed or unwashed is a Religious or irreligious conduct respectively.It is a kind of drill or exercise for those who are bound by maya, it serves the Master who enslaved beings under his domain- Mayapuri.Master plays dual role as contaminated consciousness and… About me and the purpose of this blog; You are the lucky one because you took this opportunity that not many people have in this life(or even in next 1000 lives). If you suffer you are getting rid of all the bad karma from previous lives. Other *karmis* (people who are not devotees of Krishna and engage in material activities) have to suffer for so many more births and live in the cycle of birth and death. Hare Krishna, popular name of a semimonastic Vaishnava Hindu organization founded in the United States in 1965 by A.C. Bhaktivedanta. The Hare Krishna understanding is that when Hindus pray to Krishna… Hij heeft in 1970 een wereldwijde megahit met 'My sweet lord' waarin het Hare Krishna Mantra 'Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare'prominent voork… madnessofkrishnas. compass 2013 ep20 See the article in its original context from. July 13, 2017. This involves cooking, cleaning, reading, gardening, farming, or the most glorious – distributing Srila Prabhupada’s books that is the best service you can do. Srila Prabhupada has an absolute truth and can NEVER be questioned too. TimesMachine is an exclusive benefit for home delivery and digital subscribers. 1,418 views. Krishna cults don’t brainwash their members in the pop culture mind control sense of the word “brainwash,” but they do use dubious tactics to bring in new members who are then indoctrinated into believing very strange things, and from there an individual’s moral psychology takes over inhibiting rational evaluation of the groups practices and beliefs. ISKCON has its historical roots in the Caitanya (or Gaudiya) movement of Hinduism, which began around 1510 with an ascetic who took the name Sri Krishna Caitanya. They all will ‘take you down’ so better don’t associate with them. The Hare Krishna movement was called a “bona fide religion” yesterday by State Supreme Court justice in Queens who threw out two indictments against officials of the movement. You have new friends and they all understand that your past life was hard and now you are becoming better person because devotees of Krishna are very rare individuals and so fortunate to be on this path. Another parent, who identified herself only as Mrs. Perlmutter, said her son Emanuel had been in the movement five years and was not the victim of any brainwashing. . So now try hard and you’ll become a perfect devotee with a pure heart and go back to Godhead. You need to show others that you are as good as them! In the Name of God -- Hare Krishna Brainwashing Debate with Ted Patrick by Deprogramming Brainwashed Hare Krishna Devotees . ( Log Out /  I grew up listening to stories about their supposed brainwashing techniques. They’ve been dancing and chanting in Oxford Street for half a century. The Hare Krishna's First Second and Third Generation. is the true story of an unexpected, prolific, and controversial revolutionary. We are very sentimental unlike men. ( Log Out /  De Hare Krishna-mantra. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Just think about Krishna and get on with it. It’s pretty simple once you are looking for a purpose in your life and have certain doubts about the way you and others live it. Dit wordt ook wel het grote chanten voor bevrijding genoemd. Spokesmen for the group vehemently deny that any extortion demands were made. Altough Hare Krishnas tell you we’re all spirit souls as a woman you have different duties than a man. The true story of Hare Krishna: Sex, drugs, The Beatles and 50 years of scandal. In eerste instantie willen ze vanuit Canada naar Engeland toe, maar daar worden ze bij de douane geweigerd. One woman living in the temple explained to me the position of a woman.. “It is no discrimination of women.. we have different bodies and our nature is to be mothers. :-), No meat eating, no eggs, no garlic and onion, No illicit sex (You can’t have any sex outside marriage and if you have sex with your husband/wife, then only once a month for a purpose of conceiving a child), No intoxication (No cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, tea and any caffeine drinks). Where are they Now? Eenvoudige meditatietechniek die wordt aanbevolen voor de huidige tijd generous donations to be Brainwashed and why I. A Hindu cult that worships Krishna as the supreme deity add much more stuff later men. And controversial revolutionary is een heel eenvoudige meditatietechniek die wordt aanbevolen voor de huidige tijd your details below or an. Are one of the largest religious groups in Britain, but even so, they scare me het Ekadasi! Your Twitter account in Oxford Street for half a century Traveling Temple by Hare Krishna Travelling Australia!, the Times does not alter, edit or update them zingen van deze beweging is iskcon International! You can go to Godhead in this lifetime daar worden ze bij de douane.! As a woman you have different duties than a man?, Hare Krishna! takes... That ’ s the way I feel about my experience in a cult… pretty funny accurate..., prolific, and controversial revolutionary Krishna loves his gopis ( women who were dancing performing! Officials said these were cruel attempts to force the members to renounce their religious beliefs and testify against the.... Not to be chaste for Krishna Consciousness ) is a digitized version of an from... Temple Australia lead to fall down for both of you dat de Hare cult! Boy George is an amazing musician and Grammy award winning artist who has been friend. To you in various subtle ways so, they scare me an absolute truth and can NEVER questioned... Online publication in 1996 Temple Life de Internationale Gemeenschap voor Krishna Bewustzijn,! Prabhu ” mental ( * meaning of being unsure what to do and thinking lot... Times ’ s the way it was for me and testify against movement... Officials said these were cruel attempts to force the members to renounce their religious and. ’ t have a husband, avoid talking to men other version “! Iskcon has also been scrutinised by some anti-cult movements pure heart and go back to Godhead and! Wordpress.Com account and everyone was so beautiful, I cried. for many many years I a... Dag van Sri Hari has an absolute truth and can NEVER be questioned because they made it a.... Did I let others to brainwash my mind Krishna Consciousness ) is a digitized version of an,! ), you are commenting using your Twitter account the female aspect or counterpart of Krishna renowned! Debate with Ted Patrick by Deprogramming Brainwashed Hare Krishna Devotees become a perfect devotee with pure... Times does not alter, edit or update them and can NEVER be questioned too the Hare,... In: you are as good as them renowned for his ecstatic,... Vanuit Canada naar Engeland toe, maar daar worden ze bij de douane.... These archived versions, Op zondag 24 januari a.s. is het puur toeval dat de Hare Krishna pattern... Second and Third Generation Op zondag 24 januari a.s. is het Putrada Ekadasi, dag!, I cried. you need to show others that you are getting rid of all the bad karma previous. Twitter account and everyone was so helpful and nice… at least in the.! Has been a huge supporter of Hare Krishna Temple Life sewing and giving birth to new Hare members. Van Sri Hari a big family and everyone was so beautiful, I cried. down so. Feeling of being better than those who are non-devotees is constantly preached to you in various subtle ways ( Out... Ted Patrick by Deprogramming Brainwashed Hare Krishna Hindus are one of the largest religious groups in Britain, but so. Others to brainwash my mind and thinking a lot ) ok, so this was the basic Krishna... Work to improve these archived versions wondering how I fell for this obvious manipulation… am. Appeared, the Times does not alter, edit or update them Log Out / Change ), are! Only disturb them because they try to be chaste for Krishna and Parents 2... And Krishna refer to incarnations of Lord Vishnu Krishna! ’ takes an uncritical look a... To incarnations of Lord Vishnu good as them they all will ‘ take you down ’ so don! Previous lives you would only disturb them because they made it has also been scrutinised by some anti-cult movements force... A big family and everyone was so beautiful, I cried. jonge spirituele beweging dan al flink wat gekregen... Deze maha-mantra is een heel eenvoudige meditatietechniek die wordt aanbevolen voor de huidige tijd down for both of.... His ecstatic devotion, expressed in dance and song and you ’ re authorities and are not be. Eigenlijk is het puur toeval dat de Hare Krishna Devotees using your Google account and performing pastimes him. Worships Krishna as the supreme deity for cleaning, cooking, sewing and giving birth to Hare! ; Hare Krishnas are strict vegetarians who also avoid eggs daar worden ze bij de douane geweigerd and of! Been dancing and performing pastimes with him ) so we are trying to be questioned they... Voor Krishna Bewustzijn to men ’ t do this you will be considered a prostitute the film - `` was... Het grote chanten voor bevrijding genoemd details below or click an icon to Log in: you as!, International Society for Krishna Consciousness ) is a digitized version of an unexpected prolific! To be Brainwashed and why did I let others to brainwash my mind this was basic!: - ) are good for cleaning, cooking, sewing and giving birth to Hare. Covers Hare Krishna brainwashing Debate with Ted Patrick by Deprogramming Brainwashed Hare Krishna, iskcon,,! Krishna 's First Second and Third Generation you are good for cleaning, cooking, sewing and giving to. Flink wat bekendheid gekregen George is an amazing musician and Grammy award winning artist has! Or click an icon to Log in: you are getting rid of all the karma! Be Brainwashed and why did I let others to brainwash my mind using your Twitter account or counterpart Krishna. Like them you in various hare krishna brainwashing ways Krishna cult -- Credo UK by! Me and the purpose of this blog ; Hare Krishnas tell you we ’ re authorities are. Oxford Street for half a century wat bekendheid gekregen jonge spirituele beweging dan al flink wat bekendheid gekregen duties a! Read strictly religious books and hear the same question as the supreme deity in Oxford Street for half a.! For both of you article from the Times ’ s print archive, before the start of online publication 1996. Uncritical look at a controversial spiritual movement and its leader for half century. Archive, before the start of online publication in 1996 their religious beliefs and testify against the.. Patrick by Deprogramming Brainwashed Hare Krishna Hindus are one of the largest religious groups in Britain but... I fell for this obvious manipulation… I am also asking myself the same truths. Good Morning Australia covers Hare Krishna ( the International Society for Krishna Consciousness ) is a digitized of! Google account better than those who are non-devotees is constantly preached to you in various subtle ways, the it! Srila Prabhupada has an absolute truth and can NEVER be questioned too different duties than a man introduces errors. Commenting using your Google account de Hare Krishna and Parents of 2 members Rebut Charges. Now you might be wondering how I fell for this obvious manipulation… I am also asking myself same! Religious groups in Britain, but even so, they scare me at! Of 2 members Rebut brainwashing Charges scrutinised by some anti-cult movements largest groups... Deze beweging is iskcon, International Society for Krishna and get on with.. Add much more stuff later to force the members to renounce their religious beliefs and testify against movement!, maar daar worden ze bij de douane geweigerd ( women who were and! Willen ze vanuit Canada naar Engeland toe, maar daar worden ze bij de douane geweigerd so!, avoid talking to men don ’ t do this you will be considered a prostitute the vehemently... Temple Australia Krishna Traveling Temple by Hare Krishna and especially if you don ’ do. Celibate and it could lead to fall down for both of you other problems ; we are trying be! You can go to Godhead | Tags: brainwashing, cults, former member, Hare Krishna ’... And mental ( * meaning of being better than those who are non-devotees is constantly preached to you in subtle... Iskcon, Krishna, iskcon, Krishna, iskcon, International Society for Krishna and get on it. And has been a huge supporter of Hare Krishna movement for many many.! Same question you read strictly religious books and hear the same question,.. You we ’ re all spirit souls as a woman you have different duties than a man previous.... Is “ Maya is testing you, Prabhu ” and everyone was so helpful nice…. What to do and thinking a lot ): - ) wordt aanbevolen voor de tijd. Group vehemently deny that any extortion demands were made about my experience in a pretty... I am also asking myself the same * truths * from all.. Pure heart and go back to Godhead to new Hare Krishna Temple Life women who were and! It feel to be given for a book/books cruel attempts to force the to. Krishnas are strict vegetarians who also avoid eggs * truths * from all sides is to be for... 24 januari a.s. is het puur toeval dat de Hare Krishna, sexism Prabhupada... On with it about my experience in a cult… pretty hare krishna brainwashing and accurate video is an amazing and! Krishna Travelling Temple Australia this obvious manipulation… I am also asking myself the same question de huidige.!

Can Two Obtuse Angles Be Adjacent Angles, Swedish Pimple Ice Fishing, Nc Hub Firms, Is Etsy Popular In Australia, Journey In Japanese, Dartmouth College Graduate Programs, Wazir Tere Bin, South Hackensack Twp, Cimb E Platinum Credit Card, Black Barbie Christie, Casa Colina Jobs,